There is lots to experience and explore in Geel. Check out the calendar below to find out about the various activities on offer:
- From Friday 1 April to Sunday 28 August: Book a unique guided tour of the two exhibitions, Crazy about Dymphna and Depictions of Dymphna. They are located within walking distance from each other.
- Thursday 21 and Thursday 28 April from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m: For genuine enthusiasts/professionals there is a two-part course, Crazy about Dymphna: Facelift of the Irish princess in Geel. You can register on the website of the Davidsfonds.
- Wednesday 27 April from 7.15 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Interested in the altarpiece's restoration process? If so, attend the Crazy about Dymphna lecture and obtain a unique insight into the restoration process. Don't miss this opportunity to hear the restorers talk about it. The lecture is organised as part of Heritage Day.
- Sunday 15 May: The 5-yearly St Dymphna Procession takes place again, a 3km procession through the streets of the city centre. Afterwards, a grand medieval feast is held on the market square.
- From Saturday 21 May to Sunday 5 June: It is time for the spectacular GheelaMania. The show lasts for about two hours and features 500 actors performing over 3,000 roles. GheelaMania is extremely popular, as demonstrated by its large audience.
- Ongoing events: There is a great deal to discover in Geel. Explore the surroundings on foot, by bicycle or on horseback, visit Geel's sights, taste regional products and/or spend a weekend in Geel. For more info see Visit Geel.